We often forget that the true happiness is something that emerges from within. We look for it outside of ourselves, trying to find it in “things” to which we attach so much value, overlooking the true source of happiness.
If you want to be happy, make someone else happy.
So what can you do to make yourself happy?
- look at the small things in your life you have and be grateful for them, don’t take everything for granted
- focus on what you do have rather than on what you don’t have
- if you want to be happy, make someone else happy
- go out for a walk, switch of you phone, connect witch nature
- don’t think too much of the future (don’t let your mind play dark scenarios of why something won’t work in your head)
- take lessons from the past, then forget about it
- make decision to be happy, it is up to you
- realize that you’re good enough
- have faith that what is happening in your life is happening for you and not to you
- do not blame others, stop playing the victim, you’re the one in charge of your life
- meditate (find a form of meditation that suits you), connect with your “true self”
- find a sport you like, run, hike, walk, cycle, do whatever… but move your body
- don’t be your worst judge and critic, be your best friend
- always believe in yourself
- try to always finish what you started, you’ll be happier for it, and much more succesfull
- find time for yourself and do something you like everyday
- never stop learning, never stop being curious
- allow yourself to play like a child you once were
There’s so much more that could be added to it… I encourage you to add it in the comments. 🙂